In today’s economy, everyone is feeling the pinch. Where once marketing and advertising were uncommon among chiropractors, for many today, smart marketing tactics are necessary to achieve the financial goals desired. Crafting a branding strategy, determining the ideal mix of media marketing, and ensuring all of these components work in conjunction while maintaining a budget, is key to successful marketing. We have outlined some important methods an chiropractic office can employ to market their practice and expand their patient base.
- Online marketing and social networking:
- Many of today’s patients are tech-savvy and rely heavily upon the Internet for their information. Creating and designing a tasteful website can attract referred or potential patients. Make sure to keep the website up to date with current up-to-date information. Keep things exciting by setting up an online blog to interact with patients or try uploading weekly videos about different aspects of your practice. Illustrate to potential patients why you are the best chiropractor for them.
- One important avenue to consider when your marketing budget is limited is the world of social media. Social media is a great way to increase retention, engage with your patients, and get new patients.
- But it is important not to dive head first into social media without a clear strategy. Before you do anything, determine your objectives, pick the social media outlets you want to use, and strategically fashion your messaging to appeal to your target audience. Social media management can be time consuming, so make sure you are ready to give it the attention it deserves.
- Community & Networking:
- Networking isn’t just for businessmen and lawyers anymore. Physicians are starting to realize how networking can be a key source of new patients. Establish yourself as a category expert by hosting educational events or standing on the sidelines get your face out there. Soon enough, you’ll be what comes to mind when other physicians need to refer someone.
- Grass-roots marketing at its best, post-patient testimonials are almost always reviewed. Gathering testimonials extolling your virtues and showcasing them on your website or in your office allows potential patients to identify with someone else who might have had a similar condition.
- Market specific services:
- Marketing is nothing more than influencing choice by demonstrating the true value of a particular service or product. A very important rule in marketing today is to be specific! Consumers are much more likely to buy a product or service from someone who they believe specializes in that service (rather than one who provides a little bit of everything). Tailor specific services to specific audiences. For example, if your office takes personal injury or workers compensation liens, use this as the singular selling point for your office when marketing to the target market for this service. In this case, the target market would be personal injury or workers compensation lawyers. Get featured on websites like Power Liens (http://www.powerliens.com) so that attorneys can find you at the click of a button.